Amritpal Singh Arrest Operation: The Punjab Police is looking for Khalistani supporter and Waris Punjab De chief Amritpal Singh. On Saturday (March 18), the police launched a campaign to nab Amritpal, but he escaped. Many of his associates have been arrested. Three cases including hate speech are registered against Amritpal Singh. For which action is being taken. Meanwhile, internet services have been stopped in Punjab till Sunday. Let us tell you the big things related to the matter.
1. A major police crackdown is underway against Punjab’s radical preacher Amritpal Singh and his supporters on charges of fomenting communal tension in the state. On Saturday, the Punjab Police launched an operation to nab Waris Punjab De Pramukh and his associates. After which the police surrounded Amritpal and his companions. Police arrested many companions of Amritpal.
2. Amritpal’s convoy was stopped by the police in Mehatpur village of Jalandhar district. Police caught two vehicles, but Amritpal Singh managed to escape in the third vehicle. The police also chased Amritpal Singh to arrest him. In Amritsar, heavy deployment of security forces has been done near Jallupur Khera village, the original place of Amritpal.
3. Amritpal has gone underground leaving his Mercedes car. He has also changed his car. The police is searching for him. The pressure to arrest Amritpal is increasing and it is also being considered to impose NSA on him. After the operation for the arrest of Amritpal Singh, many people blocked the Barnala-Faridkot State Highway located in Bhadod town of Barnala district. The protesters have demanded that Amritpal should not be arrested.
4. The state home department ordered suspension of internet services citing apprehension of inciting violence by some people. It was said in the order that the Director General of Police has brought to our notice that some sections of the society can pose a threat to law and order by inciting violence, spreading widespread violence, as their only goal is to spread communal tension, hysteria.
5. A senior official of Punjab’s Home Department and Law Department said that internet services have been suspended in the state till 12 noon on Sunday. The department has issued this order due to apprehension of inciting violence from some people.
6. The Punjab Police has also tweeted and appealed to the people to maintain peace and not spread rumours. Punjab Police said to maintain peace and tranquility. Punjab Police is working to maintain law and order. Do not spread any fake news nor pay attention to such news. Do not get misled by the misleading information on social media. The situation is under control, citizens are requested not to believe in rumours.
7. Punjab Police said that the police launched a massive search operation in the state against Waris Punjab De. So far 78 people have been arrested while many others have been detained. Many others including Amritpal Singh are absconding and a massive operation has been launched to nab them.
8. Police said nine weapons, including one .315 bore rifle, seven 12 bore rifles, one revolver and 373 live cartridges of different calibers, have been recovered during the state-wide operation so far. According to sources, the Union Home Ministry is in constant touch with the state government in the case of Punjab. Keeping an eye on the activities of the state. If the state government will ask for any help from the center, then the central government will provide all kinds of help to them.
9. Punjab Health Minister Balbir Singh said that the law will take its course against violators without any discrimination. Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann has restored the rule of law. There is rule of law in the state.
10. It is worth mentioning that last month, Khalistani supporters Amritpal and his supporters had entered the Ajnala police station on the outskirts of Amritsar city, waving swords and pistols. During this, he had a clash with the police to get rid of a close friend of Amritpal. Six policemen including a Superintendent of Police were injured in that incident.
read this also-
‘People living in glass houses should not throw stones’, Mahua attacks BJP MP Nishikant Dubey