Nirmala Sitharaman Big Announcements: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made several announcements today, including a steep cut in excise duty on petrol and diesel prices. After making these announcements, Nirmala Sitharaman said that ever since PM Modi’s government came to the center, we are working for the welfare of the poor. We have taken some steps to help the poor and middle class. The result of this has come out that the average inflation during our tenure has been less than the previous government.
He has said that the world is going through difficult times at this time. While the world was recovering from the Corona pandemic, the Ukraine crisis arose, causing short supply chains and many goods. Inflation and economic crisis have arisen in many of its countries. These 5 big announcements have been made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today-
- Excise duty on petrol was cut by Rs 8 per liter, on diesel by Rs 6 per liter. This will reduce the price of petrol by Rs 9.5 per liter and that of diesel by Rs 7 per liter, taking into account its impact on other duties.
- Apart from this, 1.10 crore fertilizer subsidy was announced, which will be in addition to the Rs 1.05 lakh crore announced in this year’s budget.
- Announcement of subsidy of Rs 200 per gas cylinder to more than 9 crore beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Let us tell you that the price of 14.2 kg LPG cylinder in Delhi is Rs 1,003. The beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana will get a subsidy of Rs 200 directly in their bank accounts, after which the effective price of 14.2 kg cylinder will be Rs 803.
- Reduced customs duty on raw materials for plastic products where we have a high import dependence.
- Import duty on some steel raw materials will be reduced. Export duty will be levied on some steel products.
read this also-