Foods to Eat Post Morning Run: Going for a run in the morning is one of the best aerobic exercise. It maintains overall health. Running in the morning is such a physical activity, which improves the circulation of blood in the body. Muscles and bones get stronger. Apart from this, there are many health benefits of running in the morning. Experts say that at least 30 minutes of running or jogging should be done every day. Some people eat a lot after running, while some go without eating for several hours. Both these habits are not correct. If you want to run for a long time, that too without getting tired, then some foods must be consumed after running. Right after running, the body needs protein and carbs so that there is no damage to the muscles. You stay energetic and you can also reduce the chances of any kind of injury.
benefits of running
Daily brisk walking improves lipid profile. There is no problem of high cholesterol in the body. Heart health is maintained. Running prevents heart diseases. Helps in reducing weight. However, if you do not eat anything after running, your urge to run may decrease in a few days, so you must take post-run miles to run every day. Eating anything after running is important because it is essential for the post-run recovery process. Any kind of exercise breaks the muscle fibers. In such a situation, it is necessary to consume post-exercise carbs and protein to keep them healthy.
Eat these foods after running
Whenever you come back home after running in the morning, get fresh and eat a bowl of curd and some freshly cut fruits. Mix blueberries, raspberries, a cup of curd, a spoonful of honey and eat it. This will give energy to the body. The muscles will be strong and the bones will also remain strong due to the consumption of curd. Muscles break down after working out and protein helps them to rebuild. You can also consume Greek yogurt, as it contains a lot of protein.
- You can eat boiled egg after running. Along with this, the muscles of the body are also recovered from avocado, sweet potato. Put these three in a bowl and enjoy eating together. The protein present in the egg will strengthen the muscles. Along with this, avocado, sweet potato will also benefit health in many ways.
- You are drenched with sweat after running. Eat oatmeal to warm up. It provides complex carbs to the body, so that the lost energy can be regained again.
- If you have cottage cheese in your house, then you can also consume it after running. Protein and calcium are high in this cheese, as well as sodium content is also present. It can make you feel relaxed after running. Keeps muscles fit.
- If you want, you can eat fried, roasted or baked tofu after running. You can also drink its soup. Tofu is an excellent source of protein. It contains all nine amino acids, making it a complete protein. It also contains iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- Also, eat banana, which is an easily digestible fruit. It also contains carbs and potassium, which can relieve muscle cramps. In addition, consumption of salmon, fish, nuts, whole grains, broccoli, chocolate, pineapple juice, dry fruits, turmeric, tomatoes, berries, kale, watermelon, white gram, milk, ginger etc. also helps to relax muscles.
FIRST PUBLISHED : May 07, 2022, 09:31 IST