Tips To Ease Migraine Pain: The pain of a migraine is very severe and when it occurs, people feel a lot of pain. Sometimes this pain persists throughout the day, due to which no one feels like working. Some people take medicines to get rid of the pain of migraine, but repeated consumption of medicines is also not good. Migraine pain occurs on one side or side of the head and during this time you feel vomiting, nausea, extreme sensitivity to sound and light. Of course, you can reduce the pain of migraine with medicines, but by adopting some tips, they can also reduce migraine pain.
symptoms of migraine
onlymyhealth According to a report published in, the problem of migraine can happen to children, adolescents, youth, adults, anyone. If you have a headache in half your head and it happens frequently, then you may be starting to have migraine problems. When this happens, you may see the following symptoms-
- having trouble speaking
- vision loss
- excess fluid in the body
- having severe pain
- Pin and needle prick sensation
Tips to get relief from migraine pain
- Many people have an increased sensitivity to sound and light when migraine pain occurs. This aggravates the headache even more. If this happens to you too, then stay in solitude for a while. Sit for two-three hours in a room where there is neither sound nor light. Try to sleep for a while, so that the pain subsides.
- You can also get relief from migraine pain by massaging. Massage proves to be effective in reducing pain in any part of the body. When the pain of migraine increases beyond the limit, then massage the head immediately. Massage is one of the better techniques to manage migraine pain.
- Whenever you feel that you are starting to have migraine pain, immediately apply a hot or cold compress on the back of your forehead, neck. Cold compress will give a feeling of numbness and hot compress will help to relax tense muscles. Compress for at least 15-20 minutes, so that the pain can be reduced.
- Migraine pain is also triggered by walking in hot air during the summer season. In such a situation, drink enough fluids to keep the body cool and hydrated. If you will be a victim of dehydration, then it can also increase the migraine pain. Along with water, drink plenty of fruit juices, coconut water, lemonade, lassi, buttermilk, vegetable juices.
- Do meditation daily, so that migraine pain, headache is avoided. Meditation is a therapy that relaxes the mind. Relaxes the brain. Reduces stress, anxiety. Sometimes being under more stress also triggers migraine pain, so do meditation.
FIRST PUBLISHED : May 08, 2022, 06:31 IST