Maharashtra Political Crisis: There was a lot of stir on Friday regarding the political crisis that emerged in Maharashtra. Along with the rhetoric from both sides, the round of meetings also continued. While Shiv Sena petitioned for cancellation of membership of 4 more MLAs, Eknath Shinde also took legal advice today. Know what happened throughout the day today and 10 big things.
- Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray gave a big statement and said that I am not greedy for power. Those who used to say we will die but will never leave Shiv Sena, today they have fled. Uddhav Thackeray said that I have given two departments near me to Eknath Shinde, but he has to form a new Shiv Sena. If you want to take MLAs, take it, but as long as Balasaheb has roots, nothing can happen to Shiv Sena.
- Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Deputy Speaker Narhari Jirwal approved Shiv Sena’s proposal to appoint MLA Ajay Choudhary as the leader of Shiv Sena Legislature Party in the state assembly. In this regard, a letter was sent to Shiv Sena on behalf of the Vice President’s office.
- Shiv Sena applied for cancellation of membership against 4 more MLAs. The same reasons were given for canceling the membership of these four, which were given in the earlier petition against the 12 MLAs. The names of Sada Saravankar, Prakash Abitkar, Sanjay Raimulkar, Ramesh Bornare are among the 4 new MLAs against whom action was demanded. Earlier, such a petition was also given against 12 MLAs, after which till now Shiv Sena has put the demand of disqualification of 16 MLAs in front of the Deputy Speaker.
- Meanwhile, the opposition of the rebel MLAs of Shiv Sena also started today. In Nashik, activists painted the posters of Eknath Shinde, MLA Mangesh Kudalkar’s office was vandalized by Shiv Sainiks, while in Chandivali Shiv Sainiks tore banners of Shiv Sena MLA Dilip Lande.
- Eknath Shinde took a U-turn from a statement made a day earlier in which Shinde had claimed to be with the national party. Shinde said today that there is no national party in our contact. A day earlier, Shinde had claimed that the support of a powerful national party was with him.
- Rebel Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde went to Guwahati to consult a legal expert. He met a big legal expert of the state. Eknath Shinde left the hotel for a while and then went back to the hotel itself.
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar met Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray at his residence here. NCP State President Jayant Patil and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar reached Matoshree with Pawar. This meeting lasted for about 2 hours. On the other hand, Shiv Sena has called a meeting of the party’s national executive at Sena Bhavan at 1 pm tomorrow. CM will attend the meeting through video conferencing.
- Maharashtra Advocate General Ashutosh Kumbhakoni was summoned by the Assembly Secretariat to seek legal opinion on a petition in which Shiv Sena sought cancellation of membership of 16 rebel MLAs. Sources revealed that Maharashtra Deputy Speaker Narhari Jirwal may send notices to 16 rebel Shiv Sena MLAs tomorrow to hear the petition. The hearing is likely to be held on Monday, June 27.
- The Maharashtra Police Commissioner ordered all police stations to be on high alert. Especially ordered all the police stations of Mumbai to be on alert. If sources are to be believed, the police has received an alert that Shiv Sainiks can create ruckus by taking to the streets.
- With the Shinde faction, the number of MLAs increased further. Eknath Shinde said on Friday that 40 out of 55 Shiv Sena MLAs are with me in Guwahati. There is also support of many other independent MLAs.
read this also-